Kate and the gang at Furniture Sharehouse have donated a lot of furniture to Make a Home Foundation to help us when we were low on dressers, tables, chairs and other items. They have been a great help and we appreciate all the work they do in the New York, Westchester area.
BIG Shout out to them!
Thank you to Ronald Abbott, Faithful Navigator Knights of Columbus, and John Barry, Assembly 97, St. Michael’s Church 29, Wooster Place, New Haven, CT for your generous donation and help to Make a Home Foundation. Your donation has helped many homeless receive the help they need to move forward out of homelessness and to lead productive lives in the community.
Also, thank you to Andrew Donaroma for his efforts and outreach in helping Make a Home Foundation reach our goals in donations.
Big ‘Thank You’ to VFW Post 201 Waterbury 2205 Baldwin Street, Wheeler-Young for all they do. Every year on Thanksgiving and Christmas they give baskets or gift cards to veterans and families in the local Waterbury area - always such a generous outpour of giving to our local veterans in the Waterbury area. They even came through this year during COVID! Thank you, Frank and Post 201!
We partnered with Waterbury Youth Services to offer summer employment to enhance their work experience. We offered a place to learn and grow while getting paid. Having the experience and helping the community gives our youth the opportunity to find out where they can fit in, what they like to do, and how they can help. We work on team building, skills, community awareness, work skills, and many other preparedness skills to ready them for the real world. We have been doing this for many years and we meet some great kids who have had wonderful successes with their future endeavors. We are proud to be a part of their training.
Current Referring Agencies & Community Partnerships
- ARC for Peace
- Action for Bridgeport Community Development (ABCD)
- American Red Cross
- Amos House
- Battered Women’s Safe Territory
- Bethlehem House
- Birthright of Greater Danbury
- Blue Hills Civic Association
- Catholic Family Charities
- Community Action Center of Danbury (CACD)
- Community Renewal Team (CRT)
- Connecticut Community Care Inc. (CCCI)
- The Connection, Inc.
- Families and Children’s Aid, Inc
- Homes for the Brave
- Head Start
- Independence Northwest
- International Institute of Connecticut (iiCON)
- The Jewish Federation
- The Kennedy Center
- Manna Community Agency
- Money Follows the Person
- Non-profit Development Corp of Danbury
- Positive Parenting Program (PPP)
- Safe Haven of Greater Waterbury
- State of Connecticut: Department of Children & Families
- Department of Public Health: Healthy Choices for Women and Children
- Department of Social Services: Bridgeport, Danbury, Hartford, Monroe, New Britain, Newtown, Waterbury
- The Salvation Army
- US Department of Veteran Affairs
- Waterbury Hospital
- Western CT Area Agency on Aging, inc. (WCAAA)
- Western CT Women’s Mental Health Network (WCMHN) Danbury
- Women’s Center of Greater Danbury (WCOGD)
- The Workplace